TracFone response (finally) !!

Here’s the latest facts regarding my battle with TracFone.

Be sure to read TracFone Nightmare, TracFone Nightmare–Part Two, TracFone Nightmare–Part Three, and TracFone Sleuth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Heather Johnson <hjohnson@tracfone.com> wrote:

Good Afternoon Ms. Edwards,

We would like to send you a new sim card, please verify your address. We have two address on file.

Thanks,

Heather D. Johnson

HJohnson@tracfone.com

Executive Resolution Specialist

Tracfone Wireless Inc.

1.800.876.5753. Ext: 6128

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Lorraine Edwards [mailto:lorraineeedwards@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 5:48 PM
To: Heather Johnson
Subject: Re: TracFone Wireless

Heather, a very sincere THANK YOU !!

My address is:

Lorraine Edwards

155 Care Center Drive

Livingston, TX 77351

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dec. 17, 2013, 11:44 AM

I will be sending you a card today via FedEx and you will receive it tomorrow.

Regards,

Heather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dec 17, 2013, 12:14 PM

Please call me Tomorrow to fix your phone issue.

Heather Johnson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True story: Heather had not read my blog!! The SIM card arrived…; I called…. My first question: “Heather will this SIM card pick up a signal from a Verizon tower?” I continued by saying “It will be a waste of our time to install the new card if I can’t access Verizon.” ~~ Heather said “You have service….” ~~ “If you’d read my blog, you’d know there is service in Livingston but not six miles out in the country.”

To her credit, Heather was very pleasant. She said she would send me a CDMA phone and mentioned one model by name and said “It has tiny keys.” I said I’m so desperate to have service I’d take whatever CDMA was available. I added “I’m almost 79 and it might be difficult but better than no service at all.” ~~  Heather said “Oh, this won’t do at all. May I call you back later? I’ll check the stockroom to see what we have.” ~~ She called to tell me a new phone would be coming “overnight” via FedEx. (She had the CARE Center land-line phone number.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like Heather, or someone, visited my blog (see copy from my StatCounter). ~~ Again, contact from the Philippines. ~~  Headquarters in Florida??

Philippine Long Distance Telephone (122.53.141.38) [Label IP Address]    0 returning visits
Philippines FlagPhilippine, Benguet, Philippines
18 Dec 12:53:12 AM
18 Dec 12:53:57 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone arrived this morning–Thursday, December 19, 2013. (An LG 236C.) I followed instructions on the package: insert battery, charge the phone, etc. Then I called Heather’s number and was told her hours are 8 until 5 Eastern Standard Time. I said “It’s only 4 o’clock there; 3 o’clock here.” The operator said “She is not available. Her hours are 8 until 5.”  (Like a broken record, a voice with an undetermined accent.) ~~ I attempted to “activate” via the TracFone website but the process must happen from my “active” phone to my new phone. IMPOSSIBLE!! I don’t have service!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, Friday, December 20, 2013, 12:10 noon:

Some progress. Waiting for actual activation. Below is information copied from the computer screen.

Welcome Lorraineeedwards!
Fri Dec 20 13:06:02 EST 2013

My Account Summary

Registered Phones Display All Details

INACTIVE PHONE

(I deleted my serial number & removed the active links.)
Add Nickname
Account Owner
Phone Tutorial
What would you like to do now?
Activate Phone
Go to Apps & More
Check Balance / Service End Date
Details
Your phone number is in the process of being switched between carriers. Please click here to check on the status of your ticket.
(I deleted my serial number & removed the active links.)
Add Nickname
Your phone number is in the process of being transferred.
Phone Tutorial
At this moment there are no options available for this phone. For more details, please refer to the message displayed above the phone’s picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smiley face with tongue hanging out

Note: One day short of six weeks since I received the first “new” TracFone.

Today is  Friday, Dec. 20th; cell phone arrived Saturday, Nov. 9th.

3 comments on “TracFone response (finally) !!

1. Deb says:

What a soap opera.

• I want the whole wide world to have access to details of my TracFone Nightmare. ~~ 7:00 PM and the new phone is not “activated” yet. It has been seven hours since I went through the process.