TracFone Nightmare — Part Three

TracFone customer service stinks!!

Smiley face holding nose because of bad smell It has been thirty-one hours since I heard from Shelly–a TracFone “support” person. Read my blog TracFone Nightmare, and TracFone Nightmare–Part Two.  ~~  I’m going to try another approach: Call their corporate office at 1-800-626-4883.  ~~  Guess what: “Leave a message” on their voice mail!!

~~~~~~~~~~

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM, TracFoneSupport – Support <fbfansupport@tracfone.com> wrote:

Lorraine Edwards,

Hi Lorraine,

Your phone was activated from another zip code. As what you have mentioned on your previous message, you got service six miles from your current location. Please be informed that your phone’s signal strength will vary on your activation zip code. If you permanently moved to another location, we suggest you change your activation zip code which results to a new phone number. Thanks.

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Catherine
(–deleted expired web address–)

Original request:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My response, sent at 3:45 PM.

Lorraine Edwards,

Hi Lorraine,

Your phone was activated from another zip code.

I beg your indulgence, Catherine. The new LG phone was purchased–on TracFone web site–with the 77351 zip code. All of the attempts to activate were right here at 77351 zip code.  No other zip code has been involved.

Yes, I had service “in town.” Not every customer lives in a city with numerous towers scattered around. Worse case scenario: Your TracFone customer with service inside the city limits drives six miles out of town. Her car breaks down and there isn’t any phone service to call for help.  Using your logic, your TracFone phone is satisfactory?!

Please be informed, Catherine, that support people (via land line conversation) were aware that zip code 77351 is my permanent address. I do not want a new phone number because hundreds of people have my current phone number.

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Your request to remain patient is falling on deaf ears. I’ve been patient for almost a month. I want a phone that will make and receive phone calls!!

LorraineCircle

Catherine
(–deleted expired web address–)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe we are going in circles!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

At 6:35 PM, I sent the following message to TF.CorpResolutionTeam@TracFone.com .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings from a dissatisfied TracFone customer.

I have received no satisfactory customer service although I have faithfully responded to their instructions.

For complete details, please read about my experiences at TracFone Nightmare, TracFone Nightmare–Part Two and TracFone Nightmare–Part Three.

Respectfully submitted,

Lorraine Edwards
re: *** *** ****

~~~~~~~~~~

Received the following… and responded at 1:10 PM Saturday, December 7, 2013.

Lorraine Edwards,

Lorraine,

It is shown in our records that your phone was activated in a different ZIP code. Please be advised that the service may depend on the tower’s availability of an area and conditions where you are using the device.

Ava

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Ava
(–deleted expired web address–)

Ava, “your records” may not reveal the complete information. The (old) Motorola was activated with a North Carolina zip code. However, when I ordered the LG phone—from the TracFone website—I specifically listed 77351 as my location.

If you were the least bit concerned about resolving my “lack of service,” you would advise me of an appropriate phone that will pick up from a Verizon tower.

After a month, I’ve exhausted all my patience!! Please send me a phone that will receive service off a Verizon tower!!

Extremely dissatisfied!!

Lorraine

Original request:

Read my blog titled TracFone Nightmare: https://threequartersandcounting.com/2013/12/03/tracfone-nightmare-part-two/ . The best way to help me is to send me a new phone that picks up a signal from a Verizon tower. With a phone that actually works, I’ll stop posting complaints on FaceBook. ~~~ My email address: LorraineEEdwards@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~

Received the following… and responded at 2:35 PM, Saturday, December 7, 2013.

Lorraine Edwards,

Yes, I understand that. However, the phone is activated with a different ZIP code. This may have caused the issue to begin with. A thorough investigation must be done prior to creating a ticket for technology exchange. Since the phone is activated with a different ZIP code, then either we change the ZIP code or you need to be in the ZIP code where the phone is activated while we are investigating the issue.

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Ava
(–deleted expired web address–)

Smiley face with flower

Ava, I will sincerely, gratefully appreciate assistance in resolving this problem. I can only surmise that none-too-knowledgeable, not-too-competent individuals, sitting at a phone telling customers to punch a series of numbers, were oblivious to location. I explained to one person that I have moved and this is my new location (77351).

THANK YOU for your help!!

Lorraine

Lorraine Edwards,

If you have moved to a different area, then this caused the issue. The activation ZIP code and the ZIP code of the area where you most likely be using the phone should be matched. If we’ll change your ZIP code to 77351, then the phone number will be changed.

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Ava
(–deleted expired web address–)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ava, first request: PLEASE do not close this ticket because 24 hours has lapsed. That happened last week (ticket was closed) and the situation was not resolved.

Second: Please look at the attached pictures. Note that the Verizon tower is at the edge of the property. ~~ I am in Texas, for the winter, at an RV Park. That’s my little trailer. From inside the trailer, I can see the Verizon tower.

Third: It’s this simple. Send me a CDMA phone that picks up a signal off a Verizon tower.

Respectfully submitted,

Lorraine

Verizon tower from my trailer

Verizon tower

My trailer

~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript, Sunday, December 8, 2013, 2:00 PM:  Most recent message from TracFone.

Lorraine Edwards,

Lorraine,

Your case was still open. It’s not that simple to send you a different phone model that supports with CDMA technology. We need to follow the procedure. The first thing here is, we need to match the ZIP code.

Ava

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Ava
(–deleted expired web address–)

Pulling hair out

Check my latest blog titled TracFone Sleuth.

~~~~~~~~~~

(From TracFone, received at 2:26 PM, Dec. 9th, 2013.)

Lorraine Edwards,

Hi,

This is just a follow up to the email I sent you. Should you have questions, don’t hesitate to send us an email.

Ava

Thank you for your patience, while we respond to your inquiry.

Ava
(–deleted expired web address–)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I attempted to send a reply but it bounced back to me with this message received at 3:40 PM, Monday, Dec. 9th, 2013:

Your request could not be processed because the ticket is in the status Closed.To submit this as a new issue, please visit our support portal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI: Someone at TracFone Headquarters read my blog. ~~ The following was copied from StatCounter that records visitors to my blogs and website.

Tracfone Wireless (204.16.76.4) [Label IP Address]    0 returning visits
United States FlagMiami, Florida, United States
(No referring link)
9 Dec 09:43:06 PM  threequartersandcounting.com/2013/11/17/tracfone-nightmare/
(No referring link)
9 Dec 09:43:28 PM  threequartersandcounting.com/2013/12/03/tracfone-nightmare-part-two/
(No referring link)
9 Dec 09:43:39 PM  threequartersandcounting.com/2013/12/06/tracfone-nightmare-part-three/
(No referring link)
9 Dec 09:43:51 PM  threequartersandcounting.com/2013/12/08/tracfone-sleuth/

Comment, Thursday, December 12, 2013, 11:00 AM: Someone read the blog messages but nothing has changed!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smiley face, sad
Postscript, Sunday, Dec.15, 2013, 8:00 PM: Nothing has changed!!

Postscript, Thursday, November 13, 2014: Exploring this message–for my new blog message–I discovered most links furnished (above) had expired so I removed the hyperlink.

One comment on “TracFone Nightmare — Part Three