What a surprise; I awakened to snow!! OK, snow is “no big deal” in many states but (IMHO) a rare event in this part of the country. I’m no expert on “this part of the country” (and I don’t have television news) but I suspect this is rare.
Sorry!! I’ve searched the Internet and cannot find a story regarding the snowfall. Here are some weather reports.
(I’m toasty-warm!! Thanks for your concern.)
(Below) Posted 3 hours, 49 minutes ago – National Weather Service ** (posted approximately 5:00 AM per Lorraine’s calculation)
Winter Storm Warning in effect for Southeast Texas.
A cold air mass coupled with a weak upper level disturbance has produced periods of snow north of a Brenham to Livingston line. South of this line periods of rain, Freezing rain and sleet were the dominant precipitation type. The disturbance will exit the region this morning and precipitation will come to an end between 7 am and 10 am. The Winter Storm Warning could be replaced with a Winter Weather Advisory later this morning.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon CST today.
- Timing: Winter weather will persist early this morning before ending by mid morning.
- Threat, snow accumulations of one to two inches north of a Brenham to New Waverly to Coldspring line. Ice accumulations from sleet and freezing rain of 0.01 to 0.09 inches.
- Main impact: accumulating ice will be possible this morning. Elevated roadways and bridges will be extremely Dangerous.
Livingston, TX (77351) Weather
- Today: A 20 percent chance of snow before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Wind chill values between 20 and 30. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 28. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 59. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. Light southeast wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Al says your new rig looks great, and you can borrow his truck when you’re ready to move it!